On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 04:28:51 -0500 Troman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Are you refering to the gate mod we did with Elric back in the
>Pumpkin-2
>times? If yes it won't work without source changes unfortunately.
>Gates would be very nice indeed and they do work well for human
>players, but
>it's difficult to make AI use it. Another difficulty is that as
>far as I
>remember Elric - author of the custom textures - prohibited using
>any of his
>work before leaving the team.

Yes, I guess that is the same one.  I didn't know Elric said that.
There wasn't any readme file or anything in the gates.zip file.  I
just wanted to see if it could be done. :)

I wonder if Elric still is that way?  Anyone got a e-mail address
for him we can ask?

>Anyway here's the source:
>http://user.supradigital.org/troman/mods/ it's a bit messy, but
>probably
>still better then the source extracted from wdg since it contains
>correct
>directory structure and correct filenames.

Thanks! :D  This will be a big help!

>BTW wrf files are not included into the final wdg file after
>compilation,
>they only contain instructions for wz and makewdg utility, so it's
>a bit
>difficult to reverse engineer wdg files.
>
>Troman
>
>From looking at the source as is now, it should be just a matter of
telling the game to use these replacement wrf files instead of the
original files.
I do not see any code in the source files, so I wonder how they got
them to open/close with no source code changes?
I do not try original to see them work.  I  assume they work like
other games gates?

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account
required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485