Am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2007 schrieb Christian Ohm:
> On Monday, 12 February 2007 at 23:50, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> > In the roadmap (http://wz2100.net/wiki/roadmap:2.0.6) only one bug is
> > left, which I want to fix for 2.0.6 (empty config file on Windows).
>
> Any hints on that? Delaying the release for a bug you don't have any
> idea on how to tackle seems a bit pointless... (same as some of the
> others you listed).
>
> Anyway, I'd like to improve the current documentation a bit (inspired by
> the long comment at http://happypenguin.org/show?Warzone%202100), that
> might take some time, so if the release is delayed for a bit that could
> be added as well.
>
> Oh, and how about a release candidate for 2.0.6? Not as "see if anyone
> finds some bugs in it", that can be done by the release as well. But add
> the "return TRUE" to disable videos, and ask people to especially report
> any problems related to that (so perhaps its more a test release than a
> release candidate - just a name, anyway). That'll have the effect of
> delaying the release a bit as well, and gives people something to play
> with in the meantime.
>
> (some time later) Ah, well, I don't want to rewrite all that, I'll look
> some more into the video issue, so take the previous paragraph with a
> grain of salt.
>
> And finally, the release checklist is missing "run ./autogen.sh" to
> create the build system for the source tarball, and happypenguin.org to
> announce the release on (any other interesting sites?).
"Excellent game, shame about the documentation and not having one central
Warzone 2100 online resource."

I just found out that I did not include the README in the Linux package. It is
not even installed by default...

And he is absolutely right... If someone not knowing anything about Warzone
comes along the way, he will be totally lost...

And as he mentioned what I experienced earlier: Kim, could you send me the raw
HTML files (NOT compiled into a .chm)?

--Dennis

PS: (About 3 hours after I wrote the part above)
The README, COPYING, etc. files are now installed by default on Linux. The
AutoPackage and NSIS installer will also contain them.