On 9/24/08, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dennis Schridde schreef:
>

> > I'd like to hear your opinions, ideas, insights.
> > Maybe you've got a different/better idea how to prevent long times of
> silence
> > between releases?
>

> Quick & short: I'd rather release early and often (with some bugs) than
> less often with less frequent testing.

It would be very difficult, if not impossible for us to test everything.
This is why releasing things frequently is the best course of action for us.

We got windows builds available nightly.
We should use that to our advantage, and let the community test.

I don't know how we will handle mac builds though.  It doesn't look like we
will have nightly builds with them.  But 2 out of the 3 platforms we support
isn't all that bad, it should at least find most of the errors that way.

I dunno about you guys, but it is pretty irritating having to revert back
hundreds if not thousands of revisions to find the patch that screwed
something up, and then when you found the problem, the person who made the
patch doesn't have time to fix the patch now, but they would have had the
time, if the issue was found sooner.