2009/4/23 Christian Ohm <chr....@gmx.net>:
> - Change the font to DejaVu Sans: monospaced fonts are quite ugly imo, and
>  there's no need for it, OSX even uses a proportional font already.

Agreed, although I'm not a big fan of DejaVu Sans, either. I preferred
the old bitmap font... The problem is that most of the free fonts out
there look pretty ugly (I don't think very many typographers are OSS
type people).

By the way, when can we fix the problem of Warzone attempting to scan
the entire Windows font directory on startup? It's causing start-up
take as long as half an hour on some computers.

> - Play videos fullscreen: Options for smaller display exist, and with the
>  nearest neighbour filtering it uses now the only blur is what is in the
>  videos itself.

Let's apply the no texture_rectangle patch already.

> - Coloured cursors on: Comments in the code say it has a performance hit, but
>  there's a config option to disable them (and shadows also have a cost and are
>  enabled by default).

But it's a severe performance hit. Mouse lag is unacceptable in a
real-time strategy game.

> - Disable pause on focus loss: If you want to pause, you can always press
>  escape to pull up the menu, and it's annoying as default.

Agreed.

> Per also wanted to disable the rotating radar. It doesn't bother me much, but
> agree that it's somewhat strange.

No, I like the rotating radar. We should fix the Mac OS X issue,
though. I reported it a while ago and I don't think anyone's fixed it
yet.

> I've attached a patch that changes those defaults. The font change needs an
> updated dev package with the DejaVu Sans and Sans Bold fonts included. Since
> OSX apparently doesn't support monochrome cursors, I've made the menu option
> unchangeable for it.
>
> OK to apply? Comments, or other defaults that we might want to change for 2.2?

Trap Cursor should be on by default. Texture resolution should be 2048
by default. 2.2 should keep the texture resolution setting at 2048
regardless of whether or not it supports that high. That way, I don't
have to change the texture resolution back up each time I play trunk.

- Zarel