On 4/23/09, bugs buggy <bugixx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/23/09, Cheny Luo <cx...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Hey, guys.
>  >
>  >  So we currently have three unmaintained third-party mods in 2.2 and trunk:
>  >
>  >  - Grim's graphics
>  >  - Aivolution
>  >  - NTW
>  >
>  >  NTW crashes on start, and can't be made to start at all. Aivolution
>  >  isn't very much of a threat considering it was optimized for 2.1
>  >  balance, and is fairly unstable (cf. ticket 376). Neither are
>  >  maintained. I think they should both be removed.
>  >
>  >  I hear Buggy wants Grim's graphics to go, too. It's unmaintained, but
>  >  not causing any problems right now, so I'm pretty neutral about it.
>  >
>  >  -Zarel
>  >

> I think *all* 3rd party mods should be removed from svn.
>  They can be moved to GNA, or sf, or whatever, and can be downloaded
>  via the installer.
>
>  I am not happy with not having the data & src split up either, but
>  that is a different topic.

Just a update, Grim's mod does *not* work for skirmish / MP games for
2.2, and obviously won't work for trunk.

I still think the right decision would be to remove *all* 3rd party
mods out of svn, and stick them on GNA or whatever host.

And note, AIV is *not* a 3rd party mod IMO, that should stay for now.

Last call for any objections for removing all 3rd party mods.