On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 6:22 PM, bugs buggy <buginato...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Eh? How does the lobby play a role in this?  It would still use the
> same lobby, and in fact, it does.  That code has *not* changed.
> The only change is a new message packet, and old clients wouldn't know
> what to do with it, so it would ignore it.  The host will wait X
> amount of time (while in game) for the packet, and if nothing is
> received, then it will auto-kick them.

Well, I mean, we have to show 2.2.0 - 2.2.3 games to their respective
players, and 2.2.4 games to their respective players...

> 50MB isn't that big, most driver packages are pretty close to that.

Most driver packages aren't updated by redownloading the entire thing
every month. In fact, they're rarely updated, unless they're updated
automatically. I wouldn't mind requiring latest version if Warzone had
differential updates and automatic background updating.

> I hope it is quick, since otherwise, I most likely will not be around
> until the end of the month.  Which is why I have been saying get all
> the patches in ASAP since before I left last week.

Meh, I'll try to do it in the next 12 hours.

> You make it sound like this is a big deal, but 99% of our user base
> upgrades when a new release is out...

Okay, I admit to making up numbers as well, but "99%" is a bit
ridiculous. I'd estimate it at more like 60%. Maybe less. You know
around 50% of the problem reports on the forums are due to players
running old versions of Warzone. And many of the people who post
problems will probably download the latest version first, further
skewing the numbers that way.

-Zarel