Christian Ohm wrote:
> Well, it is an experiment currently, to see what it can do. From the looks of
> it, we can assign a maintainer to each language, who can then add others to
> work together, and commit stuff. So my management overhead decreases
> significantly, since I just have to add one person per language, who can then
> work mostly autonomically.
So, since you already started that experiment, let's go and see where that leads
us. First thing: The FAQ misses yet another question (or it's just me not asking
_frequently_ asked questions): With transifex in place can you still edit po
files by hand and commit them or are you forced to use whatever solution they
decide is best for you (web-based? *shiver*)? Well, I registered there, guess
the username :P

>>> You mean the "one person getting more and more annoyed because people can't
>>> read and nobody else cares" model?
>> Please explain this allusion, because I do not get it.
>
> People making the same mistakes again and again, like wrong encoding, starting
> from another translation, getting the tokens wrong... despite there being a
> wiki page that (hopefully) explains all that. I'm bad at telling people the
> same things over and over (well, I can do that, if you don't care about the
> tone...), and transifex should check at least some of the things
> automatically.
WOW. I would have never thought that it is even possible to fail at these
things. ;_;

>>> It should only ever touch files in po/. As long as it does, I'll trust it.
>> Of course you cannot trust it anymore, when something different than a file
>> in
>> /po is touched, but that does not give any reason for why to trust it at all.
>
> Transifex.net is the main showcase product of Indifex.com. They have a
> monetary
> interest in not having it get compromised.
The same is true for Flash and Adobe... When I registered at transifex I
wondered why the registration isn't done encrypted. I was glad to see that (at
least) signing in is encrypted just to see that after the login things are
unencrypted again, changing password, too. Seems their monetary interest in not
being compromised isn't that strong...

>> Interesting questions: What would be if transifex has been around for a year
>> and
>> people are more or less using it and then such an incident happens? Would you
>> vote for the immediate and permanent ban of transifex?
>
> Revoke commit access immediately. If if gets enabled again depends on how they
> handle it.
So, the answer is "No, I would not vote for a permanent ban per se.".

Regards,
- Kreuvf