From: Cymbala, Greg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 2:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] RE: [OT] programming "sticky" pages

I agree, it's very annoying.  I wonder how many people just close the
browser and start all over.

However, it's not that hard to circumvent once you realize it's happening.
Usually, it's done with a META REFRESH or a bit of javascript in a page that
takes you to the page that's "sticky."  In other words, there's a page whose
sole purpose is to send you to the page you're stuck on.  So, when you go
back one page, you hit that page and get sent forward, to the page you were
on before you hit the back button.

To circumvent this in IE and Netscape (7+ anyway, I think 4.x has it too),
just click on the small down arrow  next to the back button.  That displays
a drop-down list of previous pages visited.  Just select the second entry in
the list and you should be back where you were before you got stuck.

HTH,
Greg