Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

Brewnetty (AuntySpam) wrote:
> Where did you get Netscape 7.2?
> I just went to the Netscape download site and the latest version
> there is 7.1

Right, I know, I couldn't find it either. I was using NS 7.1,
and I had checked the box about updates. Approx. 3-4 months ago, the update dialog box came up with downloading 7.2 and so I downloaded it.
It says that it's installing 7.0 but after it's up and running,
clicking the Help > About brings up the info for NS 7.2:

Netscape 7.02
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208 Copyright © 2000-2003 Netscape Communications Corporation. Portions of this code are copyrighted by Contributors to the Mozilla codebase under the Mozilla Public License and Netscape Public License. All Rights Reserved.............etc., then at the bottom:

This version supports high-grade (128-bit) security with RSA Public Key Cryptography, DSA, MD2, MD5, RC2-CBC, RC4, DES-CBC, DES-EDE3-CBC.
Netscape/7.02

which is also confusing because it mentions Mozilla/5.0.

Anyway, I couldn't find my original 7.2 NSSetup.exe file so I went to my 7.2 directory and dbl clicked on setup which reinstalled the NS 7.2 browser.

Netscape7.2 > License.txt:
NETSCAPE (r) 7.02
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Redistribution Or Rental Not Permitted
These terms apply to Netscape 7.02

Do you have enough confusion yet? Well, this will add to it:
Putting my mouse over the setup.exe located in NS 7.2 setup directory,
the tag states:
Company: mozilla.org
File Version: 1.0.0.2
Date Created: 6/11/2003 8:04 AM
Size: 227 KB

So far, the the different documents mention several different mozilla versions 1.0.0.2, 1.1.0, and netscape versions 7.02, 7.2, etc.

Get this, the only reason I wanted to re-install NS 7.2 is because for some reason it won't allow the Flash Player 7 installation to work. IE 6.0 wasn't playing Flash, so I went to Macromedia and had to install the IE Flash Player 3 times before it worked. I've tried about 6 times to install on NS 7.2 (there are different flash player 7 installations for NS and IE), but no go. Troubleshooting why not, one of the suggestions was to reinstall NS 7.2.

Too much work for a Wednesday!

Jan

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.