> We've heard the Chairman of the Revenue resigned
> yesterday - but what about the idiot that did this in the first place?
>
> Has he or she been fired? None of the news
> bulletins I've heard have mentioned this.
>
> I know that in the Civil Service you don't
> usually get fired for incompetence - just moved
> to another department to repeat your stupidity in
> some other way and eventually draw an indexed
> linked pension at the taxpayers expense - but
> surely this is so serious that a termination of
> employment with no hope of reinstatement in
> government employment EVER is the only way we -
> the public - can be assured it really is being
> taken seriously? In Private Enterprise I doubt
> the Unions would even attempt to mount a case for
> wrongful dismissal in such an instance as there
> really is no defence - the individual apparently
> blatantly ignored procedures with devastating results.
>
> Another thought going through my mind -
> apparently the National Audit Office asked this
> person for the data. Was any check made that it
> really was the NAO asking? Or was it some con
> artist that has now got away with the biggest
> data con in history so far? And what of TNT? They
> apparently transported this - what have they to say for themselves?
>
> Peter MacGregor

More news http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/21/hmarc_ebay_auction/

It appears that that the discs have turned up on ePray

Of course, my money is on a couple of blanks with a cleverly worded
description

No word on any employee statuses and I doubt there will be

Dan

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
17:44