As for Appcelerator:
I have tried to create a few apps with it.
Hmm .. I'm not very excited. Some app tags are not working as they
should ... rendering problems and others.
For me that is a signal to leave this technology.

As for my choice of framework for my future web apps:
Now I'm still choosing between these 3 frameworks (initially cut from 20+ :-)
Grails (Groovy Java) , Django , Web2py

My framework expectations:
fast website development times
steady runtime
good DB support = db transcactions + custom sqls (joins + triggers + pl/pg sql)
enough power and performance for little and even mediocre sites (I do
not consider this framework for huge apps - I guess that only Grails
could do it which is a + point for it :-)

Any comments why I should go a web2py way (can web2py do all these) ?
Thank you