Okay, now we are not even in generic software / ISV land but generic
solutions talk. Which is cool, but a bit irrelevant unless you're
doing things on the scale that nears IBM or SAP :) If I'm a baker and
somebody suddenly comes in and says he needs apples, I won't be able
to sell him one, but that does not mean I can't be a good baker, but
rather that the client is lost if he want's to buy such a thing in
such a place. The 1-2-3 is troublesome as we were talking about
prototyping as a part of understanding the problem. This is for larger
businesses where we first make a case study / concept and then make
choices and solutions. For small-medium scale things, for which web2py
is IMO most suited for, you often don't have that luxury - the
prototype is at least halfway to the solution. The technology is VERY
relevant as it can be a part of the spec and you can't really offer
all possible technologies (unless, you are on the level that you don't
do the actual development and are an integrator with dozens of
subcontractors). If the client does not have at least a basic grasp of
the technology (not talking about web2py or sql level) how will he
know which solution providers he needs to turn to in the first place -
so he's not asking for apples in the bakery mentioned above ? We can
rename the topic to IT / B2B management now :)