as a noob, i find the web2py/t2/t3 stuff very confusing. i was
convinced that web2py is the way i should go for my new development.
then i read about t2 and liked that it could handle the higher-level
things like login and upload. but i didn't (and don't) know how to
implement it into my application because i'm really just learning how
to get web2py running. but i don't want to make a mistake by not
writing for t2 and then having to adjust my code later.

now the idea of a t3 on top of a t2 that i don't understand is more
confusing. my plan is to learn web2py and get a basic app running, and
then move onto t2 once i understand the basis of web2py and can
separate the ideas of the two. but it is frustrating to feel that
there's a better way out there that i can't use yet.

perhaps something to think about when making your decision about
merging or how best to add is what people would need to learn from
scratch in order to use the project. if t2 and/or t3 were part of
web2py, i would find that preferable because i wouldn't have to feel
like i was learning 3 separate frameworks under a similar umbrella. it
feels more difficult if i have to worry about whether i'm merging the
technologies (web2py, t2, t3) together properly -- i'd rather know
that web2py (with t2 and t3 merged into it) contains login and upload
functionalities if i want them.

either that or market them as "plugins" of a sort -- you can choose to
add the t2 plugin if you want certain abilities. i think this is only
worthwhile if you would get some performance improvement by NOT using
t2/t3. if there's no difference, i would prefer it be rolled all into
web2py.

clearly i am not deep enough into web2py/t2/t3 to know the
technological problems involved in that. but as a new convert, i'm the
type of person you need to market to in order to have web2py/t2/t3
catch on, and having it all be a single framework would help.

great work on web2py -- hopefully you (and we, the community) can help
it continue.

matt