No disrespect either, but let's say welcome is basic. The html of the
admin/design/welcome is 80KB. Yours is 800kb, so 10x basic deserves the
term "bulky" :-P

Trying to manage it with the online editor seems a little
counter-productive to me if the app is that big. If you are on localhost
and looking for no waiting times, just edit the files with your preferred
tool. It's not a matter on how complex are your controllers, the admin app
in the admin/edit/yourapp generates more html code if there are more files
in the app itself.