Well, as web3py is going to be python3-based, it may use Tulip in it's
module-form... But perhaps you are right about not rushing
it, perhaps web4py would be a better target... :) (or rather, web3py 2.x...)

But my point is that PEP380 in Python 3.3 is already a very solid basis for
building event-loop kind of web-framework with non-blocking-IO that are
single-threaded...

The current recommendation for production-deployment of web2py is Apache,
which (as I understand it) has it's mod_wsgi spawn a python-thread for each
request. This has all the performance-penalties mentioned in the first
video I posted (relating to the GIL), in addition to the famous 10K barrier
of machine resource and system-thread-limits.

Saying that Rocket and Cherrypy are the main focus, is irrelevant.
It may stay like that for educational/experimentation use-cases, but it has
no relevance to production-deployments.

But I think the main thing that bugs me is that whenever I start talking
about asunc and non-blocking-I/O in this group, everybody immediately
assume I am just talking about either front-end web-serving, or back-end
database-connections... I am considering I/O as also being ipc or even
in-proc communications - having web2py able to communicate with other
server-side services, and/or different connection-sessions within itself
for "push" enabled "collaborative" use-cases (whether being based on WS,
SSE, LP. or any other...). I am talking about transforming web2py's
internals to being async/event-loop capable, within a single-threaded
deployment story.
It is frustrating to me that people are not getting this message... This IS
the direction that web-development is moving into around the world, and if
web3py will not keep up with this trend, it may not even see the light of
day before being left in the dust of history... And I would deem that a
very sad day for all of us... Web2py is keen on backwards-compatibility -
web3py is not - so it is an opportunity for restructuring some internals
and joining web3py with the rest of the second-decade of the 21's
century... (if not spear-heading it...)