If you are saving sessions in files, the session file should be locked by
each request, so there shouldn't be any race conditions. However, if you
are saving sessions in the db, you could get race conditions (e.g., both
Ajax requests read the same empty session, then form1 saves its session
with its formkey, then form2 overwrites that session with just the form2
formkey).

Anthony