Will making the translator (T) use the messages in a case-insensitive manner eliminate the need to do this? I am not sure what needs to be done here exactly, but am guessing it goes in here https://github.com/web2py/web2py/blob/7bc603f38053ec80cbce9f25c4413aae550c7b4f/gluon/languages.py, with look ups done for completely lower-cased messages?

Kiran Subbaraman
http://subbaraman.wordpress.com/about/