I agree with Niphlod about the danger of creating another 'repository of
untested thingies'.  The existing web2pyslices is already pretty good and
maybe this one could be better.  But what we are missing is the dedicated
effort required to keep things up to date.  I guess we are all hoping that
Ivica will volunteer to do it for us,  but that's an unrealistic
expectation,  especially when that buzz dies down.

I can see two possibilities for success:

   - we have a team of at least three volunteers to take charge of this (to
   ease the burden and provide continuity)
   - we make a paid site to make it commercially interesting.

In the second point,  before anyone feels upset about the principle of
paying something,  I would say this,  one of the repositories of thingies
is the 'Cookbook'.  I thought that idea was great. Many of the lead
developers contributed to getting a bunch of cool ideas together.  I went
and bought that book straightaway!  I figured that even if one thing proved
useful,  I would get my money back.  But even more than that,  I thought
that by encouraging this financially it would encourage the effort.  The
principle and precedent are still sound.  Why not make a membership site
which contains cool stuff and someone can make a little money to keep it
going?  Surely that could solve the problem.  Maybe we could have two
classes of membership,  commercial users contribute something,  others do
not?  IMO a 'cookbook' type site could work well.