On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 6:20:42 PM UTC-5, Krzysztof Socha wrote:

> Ok. I think I got it... I started developing my application long time ago
> based on a welcome app. I have updated web2py regularly, but I have not
> updated original welcome application files that are specific to web2py,
> such as web2py.js It appears that there have been changes there as well,
> but they are not handled properly by the update procedure... Once I
> replaced the web2py.js for my application with a newer version, it works
> now fine.
>
> Perhaps these dependencies should be re-thought? Maybe they should be
> moved out of application tree into somewhere else? Framework-wide js
> folder, or something... It is not clear how to make sure they are up to
> date without manually checking after every web2py update...

Well, any time you upgrade the framework, you should always upgrade
web2py.js (no need to check whether it has changed -- just do it).

This is a good point, though -- perhaps we should come up with a way to
ensure web2py.js is easily upgraded along with the rest of the framework.
For now, though, you could always link to the version of web2py.js that
comes with the "welcome" app, as that will always be upgraded with the
framework.

Anthony