Yes, noticed that in the traceback -- that's why I asked -- assumed you
were using that version intentionally (web2py defaults to the system
installed pydal, as seen here
<https://github.com/web2py/web2py/blob/master/gluon/__init__.py#L19>). I
think the current web2py is using an earlier version of pydal, so maybe try
to use the correct pydal.

Anthony