On Friday, 30 September 2016 03:04:17 UTC+1, Anthony wrote:

>> Yes, noticed that in the traceback -- that's why I asked -- assumed you
>> were using that version intentionally (web2py defaults to the system
>> installed pydal, as seen here
>> <https://github.com/web2py/web2py/blob/master/gluon/__init__.py#L19>). I
>> think the current web2py is using an earlier version of pydal, so maybe try
>> to use the correct pydal.
>>
>> Anthony

I'm guessing thisis because the DAL development was "decoupled into a
separate code-base (PyDAL)" ?
I found the link to the git repository and downloaded the latest version (I
think),  the CHANGES file refers to Version 16.09

I hope I'm not pushing my luck with these last few questions (if you have
time)...

   - Can I just copy those files into relevant app folder/s?  And if so...
   - Will the gluon <https://github.com/web2py/web2py/tree/master/gluon>/
   *__init__.py*  code you highlighted still ignore it? And if so...
   - How do I force web2py to use its own versions?

Thanks again for the interest and assistance Anthony

Peter