> I'm guessing thisis because the DAL development was "decoupled into a
> separate code-base (PyDAL)" ?
> I found the link to the git repository and downloaded the latest version
> (I think),  the CHANGES file refers to Version 16.09

Looks like maybe you pip installed it, as it's in the dist-packages folder.

> I hope I'm not pushing my luck with these last few questions (if you have
> time)...
>
>    - Can I just copy those files into relevant app folder/s?  And if
>    so...
>
> Assuming you have the pydal that comes with web2py in /gluon/packages/dal,
that's all you need -- no need to copy anything anywhere. Instead, you
should just remove the version of pydal you have in the dist-packages
folder on your system.

>    - Will the gluon <https://github.com/web2py/web2py/tree/master/gluon>/
>    *__init__.py*  code you highlighted still ignore it? And if so...
>
> That code checks to see if you have the pydal in /gluon/packages/dal, and
if so, it appends that path to sys.path. The problem is that it *appends*
the path, which means it will check that path *last*. So, when pydal is
imported, it ends up importing the version in dist-packages, which is
earlier in sys.path.

>    - How do I force web2py to use its own versions?
>
> See above.

Anthony