Yarko. Many more people than you know are using web2py.

I know of companies who do and I know of government organizations who
do, although I am not saying their names without their permission.

For various reason these users tend to use web2py do develop
applications for internal use and not public web sites. Our users are
naturally reserved about what they do. We pitch web2py as an
Enterprise framework in fact.

We should not confuse apples and oranges. Some frameworks are popular
because they have been used to develop public blogs, wikies and things
like that. While web2py, for example, has been used to develop a
complex system for a major bank. If you read posts on this list you
find people are using web2py to build systems for medical records and
accounting systems.

One of the most iPhone apps is called iFart. By that analogy
popularity is not a measure of quality nor a measure of success.

It is good that web2py runs on the Google App Engine and I would like
to see more applications but I am happier with one major bank a web2py
app than 100 GAE apps to post pictures of cats.

I would be like Google to acknowledge web2py more on their site. For
this to happen the community has to speak up. One way to do it is,
when asking questions on their list, make clear that we are using
web2py.

Massimo