Yarko,

we should not transform a strength into a weakness. As I stressed many
times web2py is mostly used to develop intranet apps in corporate
environments (small and medium size businesses).

There are people do not want to say what they are doing with web2py
and do not want to advertise that they are using web2py because they
are not developing open source projects, because their paid by an
employer who does not want them to publicly say what they are doing,
because
they do not know if they will meet their deadline, and for many other
reasons

While the fact that we want to have more information is a problem for
us, this is not a weakness of web2py. Those corporate users are
exactly our target users and they are entitled to keep their privacy.
I do not care if nobody says they are using web2py. I know we get more
tha 1000 visitors/day and more than 100downloads/day.

I see how everybody is eager to increase the users base.

I made a plot of #users/time from the data in the google group. The
data is nicely fit by an exponential. What is remarkable is that there
are no bumps in the data. It is very smooth. This means web2py is not
spreading because of major events (like my reddit posts) but it is
spreading by word of mouth.

So, we'll keep collecting information people want to send us and we
encourage them to do so. But, most importantly, we should all do our
best to talk about the tools we like to use and contribute develop.

Massimo