First, you can just put all the router code in /web2py/routes.py -- no need
for anything specific in the app folder. Second, you need to specify the
functions in the default controller if you want /default/index to be gone
when there are any request.args.

How are your URLs being generated? What happens if you just go to
http://yourdomain.com?

Anthony