Joe --

I disagree as well. Even though I have said more than once docs are a
weak point. But it is being addressed. Might I suggest, Massimo
released 3 chapters of the new book. Have you reviewed them and
possibly sent in corrections? Proof's in the pudding.

Yarko, rest --

Want something focused, gets out the kinks on process and has
something to show for it in the end process?

Why not turn the editorial proofing of the V2 of the book into a
series of sprints? If nothing else it will validate the 'process' for
everything else going forward. If Massimo approves, its his IP.

As to projects to tackle. I see nothing wrong with either CMS, Wiki,
or eStore. If you ran these suggestions thru a UML you will end up
with some constituent subcomponents.

* editor come tag tool. Ends up being common to all three.
* intelligent storage. A means to properly categorize content, filter
it, sort it in a common way. Maybe an XPath like metaphor higher level
than the DAL for most common searches? DAL directly for more
sophisticated queries. Common to CMS, Wiki, Blog and catalog
descriptions in an eStore.
* Calendar function. An iCal based engine plus a base level class for
display. Common to CMS, Wiki, Blog.
* Workflow engine. Leverage off the cron functionality but extend it
to trigger tasks in sequence and in parallel as the work flow
dictates. Tasks would validate predecessors are complete. Common in
CMS, eStore.

With those subcomponents in hand tackling the higher level projects
start with around 50% of the work already done -- once. This also
gives those interested exposure to these tools before launching a
larger project.

JohnMc