Back with an old query, in order to deal with an e-store, we would
need to deal with numeric, as we need to deal with prices which are
monetary amounts in multiple currencies.

I can not remember where we are with numeric implementation?

For example in SQLalchemy, numeric is defined as

class sqlalchemy.types.Numeric(precision=10, scale=2, asdecimal=True,
length=None)ΒΆ
    Bases: sqlalchemy.types.TypeEngine
    A type for fixed precision numbers.
    Typically generates DECIMAL or NUMERIC. Returns decimal.Decimal
objects by default.

http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/05/reference/sqlalchemy/types.html?highlight=decimal#sqlalchemy.types.TypeEngine