>      Have you removed welcome application from web2py applications folder
> or it still resides there but when accessed gives 404? I am using python
> 2.7.13 . I will try your settings for routes and get back to you.

Normally I always delete the app, but for testing this issue I left it
there, accessed it to check was ok.  Then just set routes.py as above and
get 404's when trying to access it.

Both your sites seem to be working well for me.  And from both I can access
the welcome app by just typing domain.com/welcome.  Have you made changes
to routes.py.

Important... note that you have to restart teh web2py server each time you
make a change to routes.py.