Just my 2 cents:
Any site documenting/hosting a web2py community should be web2py, I
don like google groups i don't like the idea of joining in a non
web2py wiki.
I can see it is easier and makes even more sense to reuse something
good but if the docu/community platform isn't a web2py show-off then
people will think web2py is crap (I would)
Web2py is great for building social network sites, the docu even go a
simple wiki example, come on it cant be that hard, anything else is
embarrassing!

But yes we need something fast. To be honest what got me started with
web2py was some googeling an a nice rapidshare link. By now I've
bought the book but if i wouldn't have had google and rapidshare i
might have never discovered the wonderful world of web2py.

And one more thing
WHY ON EARTH IS WEB2PY NOT ON PYPI??? Do I have to make an entry or
are you going to do that massimo? ->http://pypi.python.org/
pypi?:action=register_form

fyi: in one of my web2py projects a colleague of mine is developing a
simple mailing-list software, hopefully we will release it some day
soon and somebody will improve it to get rid of this google group. I
don't like the layout, the lack of options, lack of text highlighting,
breaking of code examples ...

if I hurt somebody's feelings I apologize, just wanted to add my 2
cents