<snip>

For a production system, I'm more interested in stability than performance. And
despite the admitted arbitrariness of version-numbering choices, it's hard to
make the case to management that moving to an 0.x server is safe.

What do *you* mean by labeling Rocket 0.x?

That's a fair question. When I started, I had a certain set of features and goals that I planned to reach. Upon finishing all of those features and goal, there would be a 1.0 release. Since starting at least three of these goals have fallen by the wayside due to their improbability or lack of flexibility withing Python or the WSGI specification.

In the end, I'll probably skip a few 0.x releases and go straight to 1.0 whenever I feel that there are enough of the features I originally set out to include.

Like web2py, I strive to make every announced/released version stable enough to include in a project. I've been running web2py on different versions of Rocket for several months now.

-tim