I am already promoting elfinder ;)
I am who shared for first time elfinder at web2py groups (english and
spanish groups).
Users comments about elfinder is very very good.

look at comments from the users:

http://groups.google.es/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/ae2e3ef69daef09a/16305bddcb423c15
       Massimo di Pierro wrote: "Really nice. Perhaps it is a time for
an admin^2"

Any Server side File management appliance in python?
http://groups.google.es/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/ea6c95ca24a745b/77289a6a67c7ce64

At spanish web2py group:
http://groups.google.es/group/web2py-usuarios/msg/2b2aede7c2b444f3
      "The resources you have put are awesome.I've gone amazed with
elFinder"

>>Maybe you can give some advices how or where to promote our open
>>source projects I really believe we can hit the world with our
>>projects.

Yes I can give you some advices to promote it, I am very good on SEO,
I have been working as SEO expert with very good results

QUESTION:why elfinder is unknown out from Russia?
ANSWER: your domain is a .ru

When i discover elfinder I had been searching for a few hours.
finding your software is very dificult for english users
for spanish users is almost impossible

My advice to you: buy the domain www.elfinder.org or .com, instead as
a subfolder of elrte.ru

I can help you to promote among spanish community and market, since I
am planning using it on production server it will be easy for me. Just
let me know.
I can talk to your partner in Spain if you want too. You can contact
me through the mail you see above.

Another advice is translating ElDorado-CMS to english and spanish, and
buy more appropiate domains too.
The demo is amazing :)