I´m intrested in helping setting up a reference manual, I have never
done anthing like this before so help is needed, I´m neither so deep
into web2py yet that I know where to start.

I guess we need to start and agree on three things:

a) type of manual, wiki or "php forum style". I think wiki sounds
better for this as there are so many contributors, I think we get a
better manual, easier to read.

b) hosting, I have never used GAE so no idea what it would cost, on
GAEs page is stated that you get "around 5 million monthly pageviews
for free". Is this enough? If a CentOS box with Python 2.5 and Apache
is better then I might be able to offer a hosting environment at least
to start with.

c) structure of the reference manual, is there somebody how could
start sketching a structure of the reference manual, I don´t think we
need a) and b) to start with sketching.