Massimo, I couldn't agree more. This is not a tech issue. It's an
issue of resolve by the community to help build doc. I do not wish to
make more work for you. I may be naive, but I hope for the opposite --
to distribute the doc burden more on the community.

The existing doc v2 is a major improvement over doc v1. But because it
has a tutorial flavor, it is not as suitable for advanced users, IMHO,
primarily because it's hard to locate desired information. Rather than
overhaul it to be a Reference Manual, I think doc v2 should keep it's
current flavor and a separate Reference Manual should be developed by
the community. Reference Manual content should be terse -- UNIX man-
pages-like. It needs to be heavily cross-linked.

The only reason I even bring up the wiki issue is because we do need
an infrastructure and it should enable us to do what we want without
getting into the way. I prefer a web2py wiki because it will serve the
dual purpose of showcasing the technology and providing a convenient
way to download a copy of the Reference Manual. Unless the PDF you are
planning to output is heavily cross-linked, I don't think it will
serve the Reference Manual's purpose of being able to find info
quickly.