On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Anthony <abasta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Branko,
>
> Again, thanks for all your efforts improving the Admin interface. Your
> points are well taken, and I don't think anyone expects that all of
> this feedback will be incorporated immediately (or even ever). We've
> already made some very nice improvements over the old Admin, so
> anything further is just icing on the cake.

I've got word from Massimo that this has to be ready for the
superocmputing 2010 presentation, so I won't go into anything
intricate unless it's needed. I'll discuss with Massimo what the goals
for the conference-worthiness might be. Cleaning up the HTML will be
my primary goal, and then we'll get something done for the show.

I've bookmarked this topic, and I'll most certainly come back to
review it once we are done with superocmputing 2010. :)

> Note, because we don't really have any structured process in place, I

Well, yeah. The structured process would involve using the app for a
while, and start with fixing the real problems. It's just like trying
to develop something in web2py in order to see if everything works. If
something really itches, ask for it to be scratched. If you can get
used to it, and it works, then it's probably not a problem to begin
with. And THEN we can talk about icing.

For example, if you find yourself clicking the delete button over and
over again, then you know for sure it's in a bad location. If it just
doesn't agree with your sense of aesthetics, well, I'll make it
prettier after the conference. :)

> think the tendency is to just chime in with any seemingly relevant
> feedback while the topic is hot (i.e., while there's an active thread
> going on the list) -- there will be no cue to do so, say, a week or a
> month from now after something is released. I suppose this could
> change, but we'd have to be more deliberate about it.

Yes, we can think of a way, sure. Gimp guys have an UI brainstorm
site, so we could probably make something like that for web2py.
Collecting user stories (descriptions of how people use the app) would
be most welcome, too. I've asked a few questions earlier in one of the
topics, but never got a reply.

--
Branko Vukelić

bg.bra...@gmail.com