I think the most misunderstood fact with web2py is that web2py
implementation is improving every day,
because of TOP-DOWN approach choosen by Massimo.
What does that mean? If someone finds that something has big impact
on perfomace, web2py gets changed to better and the users can upgrade
safely, because
the external simple API of the framework does not change.
So critics are welcome, the more the better.

"exec ccode in ...." is not injection? It is IoC for sure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inversion_of_control

 where is it deprecated? I cannot read it.
http://docs.python.org/reference/simple_stmts.html#the-exec-statement

remove "exec ... in ..." from python? On what basis? if you want a
static language go out of python. I wonder what GVR thinks about that.

The only good reasons at the moment to change that are:
1) exec statement bug
2) drastic performance improvement

Neither is true AFAIK, but maybe web2py's IoC will change, for testing
and debugging purposes, this is free (not as a beer) software indeed,
so a  new solution would be adopted if one comes with a better one
instead of talking about plain aesthetics, which is a good thing
although it is not alway viable in this world.  But if that would
happen fear not, we won't notice, we will not have to change our code.

mic/mcm