On Sunday, January 9, 2011 3:54:37 PM UTC+11, Anthony wrote:

> Graham, welcome. Careful, though -- we might
> convert<http://twitter.com/GrahamDumpleton/status/23120780938190848>you. ;-)
>
> http://twitter.com/GrahamDumpleton/status/23120780938190848

I have been posting here for quite a long time actually and tried a few
times to get Massimo to temper his ways but even though he is more
restrained now, sorry to say, he does still seem to rub people up the wrong
way as do the reactions of others in the web2py community. You guys really
just got to learn to do your own thing and not treating it like a crusade
where you have to convert the world. Django became popular on technical
merit and because of easily accessible good documentation, not because its
community went around like <insert name of church group> knocking on doors
trying to convert people or arguing every little minor technical point to
try and win people other. That sort of behaviour really reminds me of some
new age christians I have known in the past who just could not shut up in
trying to make you believe what they believed. It gets tiresome and
sometimes one cant take any more and gets angry about having your time
wasted. I can therefore appreciate the reactions of others associated with
other web frameworks, and if you think the latest outburst about imports was
some reaction about web2py getting a tutorial accepted in PyCon as some like
to think, you are very sadly mistaken. They are more likely just a
manifestation of this frustration of having web2py shoved in your face one
too many times especially when muds gets thrown in your direction. So, quiet
it down and you will go a lot further with less angst against you.

FWIW, although I find some of the ways web2py does things an interesting
approach and would be appealing to certain classes of users, I do have
concerns about how it does other things, especially in conjunction with how
it tries to label itself an enterprise framework. So, it definitely isn't in
my mind suitable for all situations. As to the 'import' issue, I don't give
a stuff about it either way so please don't drag me into that one.

Graham