On Jan 9, 2011, at 1:35 PM, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:

> About "enterprise":
>
> For me "enterprise" always meant "business and non-profit" as a way to
> emphasize "non-profit" since that is what I have major interest in. It
> looks like many people read "enterprise" as large and bloated
> businesses.

I think that's right, especially in the world of frameworks. The meaning of
"enterprise" here has been established (polluted?) by Enterprise Java, which is
a large and bloated framework (or pile of frameworks). (Java is the new Cobol.)

I understand what you mean by "enterprise", but it's definitely not what
readers are going to understand.

At the moment, I don't have a better idea. But I'm sure we can come up with one.