On Sunday, January 9, 2011 4:49:45 PM UTC-5, pbreit wrote:

> For one, I don't think businesses care much about backwards compatibility.
> My experience in the enterprise was that vendors were constantly churning
> out non-backwards-compatibile updates and customers were routinely several
> versions behind.

Maybe they remain several versions behind because they don't want to keep
dealing with backwards-incompatible upgrades (i.e., skip a few versions and
just deal with an occasional big incompatible change). The cool thing about
web2py is you can take advantage of every new feature that comes out (every
couple weeks) without breaking your programs.