OMG I have fallen into a very deep deep deployment rabbit hole and
just when I thought for sure I was finished Sebastien gave a talk at
Montreal Python on Monday on Fabric and two of his creations, Cuisine
and Watchdog. Cuisine adds Chef like abilities to Fabric and Watchdog
is monitoring system that appears to be pretty awesome, but I have not
had a chance to dig it yet...

If anyone wants to check out Cuisine and Watchdog here are some
links... Very interesting and all Python... Sebastien also created
something called "sink" as well a while back that is sort of like 3
way rsync but in Python...

I am work on break my original commitment to a fabric based web2py
deployment down into "parts". This will allow people to start using
the pieces and I can do some of the other stuff that needs to get done
around here. Needless to say, deployment seems to be a pretty exciting
area right now. Cuisine fills some of the Fabric shortcomings and
Watchdog adds some super powers.

Watchdog could be good for the client looking for GRC like
capabilities...

FYI the presentation is 145 slides...

http://www.slideshare.net/ffunction/fabric-cuisine-and-watchdog-for-server-administration-in-python
code