Hmm, nothing stands out as wrong in the logic to me.

Could `store_num` or `lane_num` have changed between runs?
Is it a shared db, i.e. is it possible someone else is accessing the
database (adding/removing records) while you're testing?

You have some other inconsistencies in the output above. For
example:
1) you define `itemEntry` yet query `transEntry` in your examples;
2) your record count shows 5213, yet later you said you expect 523
records;
3) you reference variable `gar` at the end, presumably meant to be
`first_search` )

I'd suggest starting a new session and running your code again from
scratch.  That usually helps resolve issues for me after a late night
of coding tunnel vision ;)