OK let put it in reverse - how you would do this (GAE)/

in default.py
        myaccount = MyAccount.get_profile(user_id)

Please note that 'in module'

root = MyAccountRoot.get_profile()

does not works - it says 'not available' or something.

in default.py to import custom import you do that:

    from main import Main
    current.app.myapp = Main()
    current.app.myapp.common_services()

So if it even works I have to change all my code to add
current.app.myapp. before every call. Which is a lot of work.

Regards,
--Constantine

in module
from google.appengine.ext import db as google_db
class MyAccountRoot(google_db.Model):
    global_counter = google_db.IntegerProperty(required=True, default=0)
    @classmethod
    def get_profile(self):
                root = Root.get_profile_del_cache()
                profile = MyAccountRoot(key_name='user_id',
                                        parent=root.key())

class MyAccount(google_db.Model):
    @classmethod
    def get_profile(self, user_id):
            root = MyAccountRoot.get_profile()
            profile = MyAccount.get_by_key_name(user_id,
                                                parent=root.key())