If you really want to save time, building a bug tracker is not the way to
do it.

But if you want to build one as an exercise, it's probably not a bad idea.
It's hard to say how valuable the integration points would be. I'm usually
pretty skeptical of stuff like that. There are probably ways to get Web2py
tickets automatically inserted into bug trackers.