Disagree.

A bug and a feature are not the same.

Fixing a bug means making your code live up to its specifications.

Adding a feature may affect modules outside your control and require
collaboration with others.  Sometimes very close collaboration and changes
to many modules.

The design change process should involve notification of all potentially
affected parties and the opportunity for all to review the impacts of the
change.  Not to mention setting priorities.

As Bruce mentioned, his CEO is asking for tons of new features with many
feature requests already open.  There has to be a priority list and an
impact assesment for all changes in this environment.

Any other way lies madness.

I have been there and experienced it.