Anthony:

You're correct about log gin out and back in, but I did gain access to
jsmith's account upon registration,
 and* I could (and did)*
*     change his password in profile, and now I control his account *-
locking smith out.

I did assume that the "old validator" *would still fire,* and not be
replaced
with just my validator.- but used WITH my validator.

Anyhow, should work just fine, but something to be aware of I think.

Maybe a note in the documentation would be in order - I stumbled upon this
only by chance
trying dozens of combinations for not allowing capital letter etc.  and if
I never changed the email address,
I would have thought everything was just fine.

Be happy to do any testing of this issue.

Thanks again, I'm learning a lot ..

Rob