I'm replying off list.

Your questions in this thread are more about general web architecture and
scalability issues than being specific questions about whether web2py is
suitable for your project.

If availability and scalability are your only true concerns, I'd -highly-
recommend using web2py on Google App Engine, which will handle all of the
scalability and scalability for you automatically.