On 3 Sep 2012, at 7:42 AM, David Marko <dma...@tiscali.cz> wrote:
> Great!! The first set of questions ... some are maybe too private, you see ...
>
> API for iOS
> ### does it mean that you dont use views, just endering data to JSON, and
> data representation is done in iOS app?
>
> 30-40 request per second average sustained 24 hours a day.
> ### have you tried how high (in meaning of req/sec) you can get on GAE? Do
> you have some peaks that are still served well?
>
> we use google app engine.
> ### how do you evaluate entire dev process using web2py? Do you have some
> procedure for deployment like develop localy using sqlite, then deploying to
> some GAE demo account, then to production ??

One of the nice things about GAE is that you can deploy a new version without
making it the default version. Your client just needs to use the appropriate
version-specific URL to access it.

Also, Google supplies a kind of local simulator, so you can run the app on your
local machine in a virtual GAE environment, rather than sqlite (though of
course you could do it that way too, if you wanted).