Hi all,

Great to see some JC discussions going on :)

Uhm, here is my two cents. Let's all do whatever we can to get a straight answer from Apple about the core JC being depreciated or not. Cliff Tuel NOT being the WO Apple person on the list anymore, I do not know whom can be directly contacted with this question. Clff however suggested that bug reporting (http://bugreport.apple.com) might be the right channel to get an answer through, by indicating that the 5.4 release notice is not clear enough on the point of JC. Next to that, if you know whom from Apple can be directly approached about WO, please do it.

About the library I am working on, I can not make any promises as of yet, our company needs to know if in the future the pure Swing WO JC will be an option. If so, I will continue working on the (to be open- source) library. The currently published version will receive some major changes, but is a good base to comment or contribute ideas to.

As for the people using D2JC and IB approaches... The library I am working on is meant to allow very streamlined interface and basic data process definitions (in that sense being similar to the IB's visual programming approach), but completely Java oriented. My point being, it *might* be possible, by people who understand and use the D2JC and IB file conventions, to create a conversion script/program, to convert your current apps to pure Swing + EOF code. IF this will be desired, I can contribute to the Swing (EOF bound) code generation part of it. Uhm, to me this kind of sounds like more trouble then it's worth, but I'm not doing D2JC nor IB, so I don't have a clear picture. The same *might* be applicable to Paolo Sommaruga's approach, if he (they) would choose to switch to pure Swing + EOF. I know this all sounds like an enormous amount of work (and it is), but if WO JC is not doomed, I am willing and committed to invest a whole lot into it.

Next, a question was raised about publicizing the "Java Client, the 3rd way" tutorial I wrote, feel free to do whatever you like with it, link to it, publish it on other sites or whatever. Let me know however if you think something should be changed, added, removed etc., I am very glad to help, though I am currently way to busy to activate myself much over it.

So, my concluding point: let's just GET SOMEONE FROM APPLE TO TELL US IF JC IS GOING DOWN TOTALLY. Before that, I doubt anyone is willing to do much more then speculate.

My best,
Flor