On 19.12.2007, at 06:36, Jean-François Veillette wrote:

If you know the href, and don't want any WO mungling, just use <a ...> directly, or use WOGenericContainer if the href is hand made.
WOHyperlink is for WO, so it deal with wo session if one exist.

I know my ways around that, that's not the problem. And I don't want to discuss that to death, so this will be my last one on that:

1. For me, WOHyperlink is for dynamically created hyperlinks. Whether they are inside or outside of the application doesn't matter.

2. Dynamically created means, I either bind action or directActionName and WebObjects creates the link for me and does whatever it needs to do to create a correct hyperlink, OR I create the whole (!) URL by hand in code and bind it to href without WebObjects mangling with it.

The problem is, when WebObjects tries to help there, it should not do it in a way that is just not logical. When you work with WOHyperlink, you add (!!) stuff to the hyperlink with:

?foo = "bar";

There is no other situation where you have to suppress output by giving such a parameter as it is now with the

?wosid = false;

parameter. There is no logic in itself. And for the sake of helping a handful people, giving up the internal logic of the tool is the worst idea ever. Please understand me here, I'm not talking about the bindings where WOHyperlink HAS to do work to create the actual link. Whatever it does here should be the best it can do (adding session id if necessary for example).

But if I give it a fixed string, it should not change this string. This will introduce more confusion than it can solve. Again, this is my personal view.

Using a WOGenericContainer for that is a bad idea in my opinion, it might be way better to use something like

where href returns "http://www.apple.com";. WO 5.4 works fine with that. What doesn't work at all is:

<wo:WOHyperlink href = "[href]">Apple</wo:WOHyperlink>

That returns a very interesting "Could not generate an element named: WOHyperlink" error message.

<wo:WOHyperlink action = "[action]">Apple</wo:WOHyperlink>

works though. (Filed a bug on that, ID 5655740)