Yes, I will post what I've learned on the WO wiki as soon as I think I have everything worked out.

Aleksey

On Apr 2, 2008, at 2:05 AM, Andrew Lindesay wrote:

Hello Aleksey;

It would be really great if you could write-up your experiences an tips in the WO wiki for others to read about.

        http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/Home

4. For the static resources to be served correctly via port 80 of the Apache web server (as opposed to Tomcat's port 8080), I had to install the Tomcat-Apache plugin, mod_jk.

Actually Apache 2.2 has AJP support built-in as well as a neat little balancer web app to monitor the deploy. I have some unrelated, but possibly helpful notes on the Apache 2.2 setup for this in this document;

http://homepage.mac.com/andrewlindesay/le/manuals/lewostuff/LEWOStuffOverview.pdf

See 9.5 and 9.6. I find the Apache 2.2 balancer setup much more elegant than mod_jk.

5. In the Tomcat log file (catalina.out), I keep getting an exception (below) related to JDBC but everything runs fine regardless (I'm using MySQL). Tomcat seems to have it's own data source mechanism

I think I read something about that in an old mailing list post. I think you need to give the data source the same name as the model or something -- perhaps somebody can clarify?

cheers.

___
Andrew Lindesay
www.lindesay.co.nz