On Apr 11, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Simon McLean wrote:
Hi Pierre -

Thanks for replying - unfortunately not all of us make it to WWDC!

When you say "fix bugs for other platforms" is that because of bugs in other platforms JRM ? I don't see how you can have a bug in a java framework that doesn't apply to all platforms ?

I'd guess that things like / vs \ would be one source of problems.

Chuck

I think the real bug-bear for people struggling to get their companies to commit to webobjects isn't the fact that it's not open source - i think it's the fact that you have to buy a mac to get your hands on the frameworks.

Frankly, I think this is ridiculous too. I can't believe WebObjects itself is a key driver behind mac sales so why not just go the full hog and make the frameworks a free download from developer.apple.com ? If apple did this i think there would be so much more interest in WebObjects...

Just my 2 pence, being british n'all :-)

Simon